Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Undergeared and Folorn

Well, in an attempt to get speed attuned to Karazhan in the week it's been since Tetja turned 70, I had a go tanking the Black Morass instance in the Caverns of Time. Kicked out of a guild group for not being able to hold aggro, then got another group with an awesome Holy Pally and Balance Druid from the guild, another BM newbie rogue, and a PUG Mage (who was also very good).

It was really fun actually. 18 waves of mobs spawn from portals, with bosses at wave 6, 12, and 18. The mobs are trying to get to Medivh to stop him opening the Dark Portal. He has a cool shield that the mobs try to hit and get down so as to kill Medivh. I tank the elite or boss at each portal, the mage dealt with the crappy trash dragonkins and whelpings that flung themselves at the shield, the healer heals, and the other two (druid and rogue) DPS my target as much as my threat generation allows. Very little time to rebuff or mana up - it's all go go go!

We did really well up until the last boss, Aeonus. He hits really hard, and time-stops the whole party for 4 seconds at times while he continued to pound on me. That's 4 seconds with no healing, and I just didn't have enough hitpoints to withstand that kind of beating until the healer can begin casting again. We wiped, but because the shield was still close to 100%, we managed to graveyard zerg, rebuff, and have another go (shield was at 20% by the time we engaged him again), but with the same result - I just don't have the staying power yet.

So, a sobering experience. I do need better gear. I'm made a little dent since my last post too. Started running instances the last couple of days to get my some of the Righteous Set. So far just the helm. A long way to go, and after the race to 70 and then to get to Kara with the rest of the guild, well, I'm a bit burnt out and don't feel like playing WoW for the next few days.

Anyway, today's maths!
Currently, defence at: 473 (target: 490)
Prevention %: 18.8% (target: 22.3%)

No comments: