Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Mitigation and Me

Hello!

Been doing a lot of reading on what I need to be a better tank. Well first off, my defence rating needs to be 490 to avoid Crushing Blows entirely. That's another 39 defence rating please!

(btw, getting this info from this thread.)

To reach 100% prevention of Crushing Blow and Regular hit while remaining immune to Critical Hits, I need the following formula to add up to 21.33%:
(Block Rating / 7.9)% + (Defense Rating beyond 288 / 15)% + (Dodge Rating / 18.9)% + (Agility Bonus / 25)% + (Parry Rating / 31.5)%

So, currently I have:
Block Rating: 17
Defence Rating: 451
Dodge Rating: 0
Agility Bonus: 67
Parry Rating: 16

Formula total: 16.2% - bugger. BUT, when I proc my Charm of Alacrity once every 2 minutes for 10 seconds, that leaps up to 26.3%. Will have to rely on that trinket until I can get my passive stats/ratings to meet the totals. Maybe towards the end of fights when I've generated heaps of threat and healing mana is getting low. I do require a lot of healing until I get better gear. WOE!

No comments: